This work is a compilation of marriages, births and deaths of Kent and Sussex Counties, Delaware, taken from the surviving church records. In addition there are a significant number of records for persons living in lower New Castle County. Almost all of these records are held by the Hall of Records, Dover, Delaware, with one notable exception; the early Quaker births, deaths and marriages of Duck Creek beginning in 1686 are not found there. However the latter vital records for Duck Creek and Murderkill Monthly Meetings vital records are held by the Hall of Records in the form of a typescript copy. These are records of Duck Creek and Murderkill which were included with the Camden Monthly Meeting records some time after its formation uniting Duck Creek Monthly and Murderkill Monthly. Microfilm copies of the originals of all of these Quaker records are held by Swarthmore Historical Library, Swarthmore, Pennsylvania.
- Extracts from Duck Creek Monthly Minutes, 1705-1800
- Duck Creek Monthly Meeting – Births, deaths and marriages, 1686-1800
- Vital Records from Murderkill and Duck Creek Monthly Meetings
- St. George’s Episcopal Church, Indian River
- Lewes and Coolspring Presbyterian Church, near Frankford
- Pew Holders of St. Peters Protestant Episcopal Church, Lewes, 1789
- Prince George’s Church, Sussex County (Dagsboro)
- Gleanings by Rev. C. H. B. Turner (includes fragments from St. John the Baptist, near Milton)
This manuscript is only available via archive.org loan due to it’s copyright status.
Source: Vital records of Kent and Sussex Counties, Delaware, 1686-1800, by Wright, F. Edward. Silver Spring, Md. (13405 Collingwood Ter., Silver Spring 20904) : Family Line Publications. 1987.